- Backwards Compatible Xbox 360 Games: Users will be able to find and purchase these titles just like they would current Xbox One Games.
- Party Chat Integration through Twitch Broadcasts: Streamers will now be able to have their friends heard (if they opt to do so) while they broadcast in a party on Twitch. This is a feature that I am sure Lee and I will use heavily as we have not found an efficient way to do this through OBS yet. Windows 10 users can also join and be heard through said parties.
- Party Chat Output: You can now choose whether you want your party chat to output on your headphones, speakers, or both!
- Customizable DVR Lengths: As opposed to the standard five minute length, you can now pick from 15 seconds, 30 seconds, 45 seconds, 1 minute, 3 minutes or 5 minutes.
- Achievement Access: To make it easier to take a peek at those shiny achievements, users can now pop into the guide instead of snapping a separate app.
- Video Playback Directly From Feed: Users will now be able to check out their friends videos in the activity feed without expanding them, allowing for a more streamlined experience.
Larry Hryb aka Xbox's Major Nelson announced a whole slew of new features that are coming lto the preview program this month on the Xbox One. Among them are the ability to stream with party chat active, as well as the highly requested feature to buy backwards compatible Xbox 360 directly from the Xbox One. Watch Larry himself run through some of the new features in the video below, as well as a bit more detail beneath that.
Player2Reviews aims to be a reputable second opinion on the gaming industry covering news, reviews, and commentary on all things pop-culture!